Saturday, February 6, 2010

Now to Vancouver...


First off, I have to say that I love that Utah still has connections with the Winter Olympics.
I mean common on, just a few months ago (okay maybe more like six) I saw Apolo Anton Ohno at Albertson's. Maybe someday we'll even get them again. So, I say that I love the connection that we have because, just a few weeks ago Abe and I and some of our friends headed up to Park City (in the snow) to see the final Grand Prix halfpipe contest in snowboarding.

It was fun to see the Flying Tomato in action and nearly a foot away!
Those headed to Vancouver were named the night we were there, they are: Shaun White of course, Louie Vito (who is from Sandy, UT and danced in the last season of "Dancing With the Stars") and Scotty Lago for the men's team ... as for the ladies it's Kelly Clark, Gretchen Bleiler and Hannah Teter.

Going to the finals in PC made me all that more excited for next week to see the kickoff of the Winter Olympic Games! GO USA!!

1 comment:

  1. I saw Apollo Ohno in Maceys like a year and a half ago. I did a double take, and there was no doubt that it was him. I recognized the bandana and goatee, and he's pretty short as well. I so badly wanted to take a picture and completely regret that I didn't.

    ReplyDelete