Friday, July 31, 2009
I came across this lovely piece of "history" I guess some people would call it. This is just too funny and I could never imagine having any presidents bust as a chia pet but I guess someone is selling them and trying to make money off our 44th presidents image which grows hair?? Check out the latest Obama Chia pet for yourself... and make sure to listen to the little man at the bottom of the page b/c pretty sure he was in the LDS seminary video where he was wearing the armor of God.
Monday, July 27, 2009
1 c. flour
1/3 c. milk
2 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Combine all ingredients. Gather in a ball. Knead 10 times. Let stand 15 minutes. Put dough on a greased cookie sheet. Cover with wax paper and roll. Remove paper. Top with favorite toppings. Try it with no sauce, bacon, broccoli, tomato, seasoned with a little garlic and topped with cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Our place all finished!
Friday, July 17, 2009
So, Abe and I went to Lake Powell (the place that we actually met so we have fond memories of the desert oasis) Jun. 26 - Jul. 4 with his fam and some of his families friends from their ward, The Crandall's. Who are great amazing people! Seriously, when I have kids and have to be in charge of all the food down at Lake Powell I want to be like Nan Crandall, she is SO organized.
Now I will address the title of this blog... On our vacation to the LP as we were going through a canyon Abe wanted to listen to the "Slumdog Millionare" soundtrack, well luckily Melissa had it so we were listening to the Jai Ho song and soon after Abe was using the phrase everywhere... instead of saying "hit it" it was "Jai Ho" and when he jumped into the water "Jai Ho" and i'm sure there was even more jai ho's I didn't catch. Anyone, who knows my husband knows he has certain phrases he ALWAYS uses... so i'm sure this will be added to that list.
Anyway, back to the trip ... we were down at Wahweap and took the house boat to Last Chance Canyon. There is so much to do in Powell. So we canyon explored, slolamed, wakeboarded, tubed, went on an awesome hike which involved wading and swimming through water, seeing beavers swim one foot from your feet, holding tadpoles, and lots of wearing no shoes, also while we were in the LP we payed homage to Rainbow Bridge, went to Dangling rope for ice cream, saw rainbows and a plane take off from the water, played games, read, relaxed, napped... you get the picture.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Below is my editorial I wrote to the Deseret News and it was printed in today's paper and soon enough i'll put pics up from our Lake Powell trip.
Inn's map wrong
It's easy. Send a link to the story you were just reading to a friend. Just fill out the form on this page and we'll send it along.
My editorial was printed in today's Deseret News and soon enough i'll put pics up from our Lake Powell trip.
This On the last night of my family's trip to Lake Powell (over the Fourth of July weekend) we stayed in Page, Ariz., at the Best Western Inn. As I was waiting in the lobby, my mother-in-law pointed out to me the map of Lake Powell painted on the wall. It clearly marked Rainbow Bridge being in Arizona. According to every other map I have seen and a park ranger at the bridge, Rainbow Bridge is in Utah.
On a side note, 100 years ago this Aug. 14 the first group of white men discovered Rainbow Bridge. Because of those explorers from the University of Utah and the picture they took in 1909 of Rainbow Bridge, it is now a national monument.
Link to actual letter:
Monday, July 6, 2009
- If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?
- If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved? (you have to see the video to fully appreciate this)
- If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?
- If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to “Cinco de Cuatro” in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the Fifth of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?
- If George W. Bush had misspelled the word advice would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potato as “proof” of what a dunce he is?
- If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on “Earth Day”, would you have concluded he’s a hypocrite?
- If George W. Bush’s administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually “get” what happened on 9-11?
- If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how he is inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?
- If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?
- If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?
-- So, tell me again, what is it about Mr. Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 10 weeks -- so you'll have three years and nine-and-a-half months to come up with an answer.
- ► 2012 (8)
- ► 2011 (9)
- ► 2010 (30)
- Is this for real?
- Mallows, Corn, Friends and a Campfire
- We've got the keys, now for our move in date!
- Bear Lake Adventures
- Lake Powell and a whole lot of Jai Ho
- Much like the DMV... take a number... that's what ...
- EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT... My letter to th...
- Putting things into perspective: What If George W....
- ▼ July (9)