Monday, September 21, 2009

When are you too old to???

The other day while shopping in Macey's (the clothing store not the grocery store) I had a thought. See I was shopping in the Juniors department when they were having one of their amazing sale's and it dawned on me, when are you too old to be shopping in the Juniors department?? I mean I am a Mrs. now but I am so not ready to go to that department yet. I don't think I have to go there right now because I still get mistaken for a Young Woman when going to stake activities and such and I have to say "no i'm their leader." But still when does the transition happen? Is it in your thirties? I asked Abe what he thought and he said, "When the clothes don't fit you anymore." But seriously, sometimes I see older women in the Juniors department and they just look out of place. Or maybe they look out of place because of the clothes they are holding ... it's like they're trying to relive their youth miniskirts and all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lisa, I SO know what you mean! I feel the same way. We're not really "juniors" anymore but what other department are we supposed to shop in? And about being mistaken for a young woman instead of a leader happened to me ALL the time! Especially when we went to do baptisms and the workers did not believe I was a leader! haha good times

    ReplyDelete