Friday, August 7, 2009

They're round, red and delicious with salt.

Abe and I live on the third floor of our apt. building which means NO DIRT of our own. (yes, we bought a townhouse and yes it has dirt but NO we have not moved in it... that will be next weekend.) So anyway, I love gardening always have and I really wanted a pot to at least plant something in and I decided that a tomato plant would do the trick. Evidently they do real well in pots. My celebrity tomatoes almost died a few times because I didn't want to get someone to come over and water them when we were in Lake Powell and Bear Lake and those water globe thingys say that the plant can be good off of them for two weeks... well, that's a lie because they drink those globes dry in two days! Below are the first tomatoes from the plant... which Abe and I put on our homemade pizza's last Saturday. They were delicious!
yes, evidently I'm one of those people that take pictures of their home grown veggies and put them on their blog.

2 comments:

  1. There is no shame in posting photos of your home grown produce! Well done (that being said by someone who collages hers!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE homegrown tomatoes! Mmm!

    ReplyDelete