Wednesday, July 8, 2009

EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT... My letter to the editor has been printed

Below is my editorial I wrote to the Deseret News and it was printed in today's paper and soon enough i'll put pics up from our Lake Powell trip.

Inn's map wrong

My editorial was printed in today's Deseret News and soon enough i'll put pics up from our Lake Powell trip.

This On the last night of my family's trip to Lake Powell (over the Fourth of July weekend) we stayed in Page, Ariz., at the Best Western Inn. As I was waiting in the lobby, my mother-in-law pointed out to me the map of Lake Powell painted on the wall. It clearly marked Rainbow Bridge being in Arizona. According to every other map I have seen and a park ranger at the bridge, Rainbow Bridge is in Utah.

On a side note, 100 years ago this Aug. 14 the first group of white men discovered Rainbow Bridge. Because of those explorers from the University of Utah and the picture they took in 1909 of Rainbow Bridge, it is now a national monument.

Lisa Johnson

Sandy


Link to actual letter:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705315440/Readers-forum-Letters-Inns-map-wrong.html

1 comment: