Friday, July 17, 2009

Lake Powell and a whole lot of Jai Ho

I'm playing catch-up right now on our blog... well other than my posts that involve political rants which I must first say to my few readers ... thanks for enduring them!!
So, Abe and I went to Lake Powell (the place that we actually met so we have fond memories of the desert oasis) Jun. 26 - Jul. 4 with his fam and some of his families friends from their ward, The Crandall's. Who are great amazing people! Seriously, when I have kids and have to be in charge of all the food down at Lake Powell I want to be like Nan Crandall, she is SO organized.

Now I will address the title of this blog... On our vacation to the LP as we were going through a canyon Abe wanted to listen to the "Slumdog Millionare" soundtrack, well luckily Melissa had it so we were listening to the Jai Ho song and soon after Abe was using the phrase everywhere... instead of saying "hit it" it was "Jai Ho" and when he jumped into the water "Jai Ho" and i'm sure there was even more jai ho's I didn't catch. Anyone, who knows my husband knows he has certain phrases he ALWAYS uses... so i'm sure this will be added to that list.

Anyway, back to the trip ... we were down at Wahweap and took the house boat to Last Chance Canyon. There is so much to do in Powell. So we canyon explored, slolamed, wakeboarded, tubed, went on an awesome hike which involved wading and swimming through water, seeing beavers swim one foot from your feet, holding tadpoles, and lots of wearing no shoes, also while we were in the LP we payed homage to Rainbow Bridge, went to Dangling rope for ice cream, saw rainbows and a plane take off from the water, played games, read, relaxed, napped... you get the picture.
The last night we had a Luau... look at Abe getting all dressed up!


No comments:

Post a Comment