Monday, July 27, 2009

Pizza...Pizza

At the Johnson house working 40 hours a week and wanting a home cooked meal that doesn't take too long can be a challenge because most casserole's take 1/2 hour to prepare and then an hour in the oven... okay well if I were to do that it would be 8 or 9 by the time dinner was on the table and I have a hungry husband to feed and I too don't like eating dinner that late. So, usually making home made pizza consists of various toppings and a pizza crust that I buy from the store already made. Well, those pizza crusts aren't cheap they're almost five bucks. So the other day when I was looking on cooks.com, just one of the many places I go for recipes, I came across a homemade pizza crust that doesn't use yeast-- which means no more five buck pizza crusts and since it doesn't have yeast in it I don't have to wait for it to set up which would be an hour! I used the pizza dough recipe last week and made a BBQ chicken pizza and it was soooo good. Abe was such a good help too he rolled out the dough into two circles so we each had our own personal pizza. Here's a picture of our creation! And I attached the recipe below so try it, you may be surprised!!NO YEAST PIZZA
1 c. flour
1/3 c. milk
2 tbsp. oil
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Combine all ingredients. Gather in a ball. Knead 10 times. Let stand 15 minutes. Put dough on a greased cookie sheet. Cover with wax paper and roll. Remove paper. Top with favorite toppings. Try it with no sauce, bacon, broccoli, tomato, seasoned with a little garlic and topped with cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees.

1 comment: