Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tis the season to be grateful

I love the holiday's because I feel like I am constantly surrounded by reminders of the things that matter most. Such as ... family, friends, good neighbors, Ward friends, co-workers and the Savior. When I get in the elevator at work and head up to the 22nd floor I love seeing the thoughts that are posted on the walls. Right now they are ALL centered around CHRISTMAS.

One says: "The Christmas season, with its special meaning, inevitably prompts a tear and inspires a renewed commitment to God."
President Thomas S. Monson

While another says: "Three days of light without darkness was the sign God gave to the descendants of Lehi, heralding the birth of His Son."
President Henry B. Eyring

How grateful I am for this time of year!
I am especially grateful because come January I will be going to full time employment at the LDS Church which is where I currently work. I love my job in the Audiovisual Department and will remain there when the new position begins in January. I will maintain my current duties and will be adding some new ones as well. After searching for full time employment for over a year now (b/c I was laid off last November) I can say I am so happy to be where I am now! Many times I felt discouraged about the job situation and MANY many MANY times I referred myself back to President Uchdtorf's talk "Continue in Patience." In fact that is what life is all about waiting and while doing so using patience.

1 comment:

  1. I almost wrote a post about this yesterday. Love that elevator sign.

    ReplyDelete