Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chopped Chef Critic

I think Abe and I have been watching the Food Networks show "Chopped" a little too much! Last night I tried out a new recipe. A pasta in clam sauce recipe to be precise. It was real tasty if I do say so myself. The best clam sauce recipe I have found yet.

Well, when Abe was eating it he started breaking down the recipe... our convo about the food went like this...

He said, "the sauce is good it even has a bit of a kick to it."
I said, "yep, it has a splash of hot sauce."
Then he said, "is it a cream base?"
I said, "sure, it has buttermilk in it."
Then he proceeded to tell me, "the noodles are slightly over cooked and that they needed to be a little more al dente."
I said, "okay, well the lid was on it to keep it warm until you got home so that could have made the noodles a little more tender."
He followed up with, "I am just analyzing it like I was a Chopped Chef."

Oh goodess ... so is this what I get to put up with every time I cook now?? I have a food critic living with me. Too funny! That boy makes me laugh so hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment