Saturday, November 13, 2010

Trip down South

It seems I forgot to write about the trip Abe and I took with my family down to Lake Powell. As they say in the blogging world.. better late than never!!
We headed down the end of September/beginning of October. Just in time for some Fall boating before it got too cold. The water was chilly for Lake Powell but it was a fun vacation and we didn't deal with the crowds that are usually around in the Summer time. We even got to celebrate my sister Heather's 30th Birthday on the Lake. We haven't gone on a Young vacation for a while so it was a much needed family trip.
We stayed in Page, AZ and one of the days we went to explore Antelope Canyon.
This pic is of Nicole (my niece) and me waiting for the truck to take us to Antelope Canyon.
Aboard the truck with my parents.
The "heart" of the canyon
We spent much of the afternoon exploring Antelope Canyon. It's located on an Indian Reservation so you can only see it by taking a tour. What I learned on our tour: that many of the professional pictures taken of Lake Powell come from this very canyon.
The next two days we spent on the lake... exploring, tubing, skiing, wakeboarding and just relaxing!Eating plums off of Grandma Gough's tree.

Abe trying out the double ski for old time sake
My sisters and niece Cooling off!
While the water had cooled off a bit the air temp was still in the 90's.
Like I said we celebrated Heather turning the big 3-0 at the local Mexican Restaurant in Page. It was actually real good!
We did some exploring. Here we are heading up Sheep Canyon. It's definitely one of my favorite things to do at Lake Powell.
Laura was sure a trooper trying to get up on the double ski.
Nicole sure loves tubing. She discovered it at East Canyon and she took turns with most of us.
Abe doing a little wakeboarding.
Me slaloming.
My mom getting ready to ski.
My Mom's still got it!! She sure showed up my sisters. Maybe next year Heather and Laura will get up on either the ski or wakeboard.
And of course we made a stop to Dangling Rope for Ice Cream
Yep, while we there Abe had to surf the tire.
We had a fun Young family vacation. Hopefully it won't be too long until we get to go down to Lake Powell again. I sure do love love LOVE that place.

1 comment:

  1. Aw Powell with the Who family. Good times, Good times!! I sure hope Mr. Who bought you all a lot of ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete